Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing axis in 2 or more visuals. Auto-resizing problem.

Hi,

I'm trying to represent different data from the same table, and for the same categories. I'm using different visuals to differenciate the parameters that are being measure and I don't want to have the axis headers repeated again and again.

visuals.png

Using the example image attached, if I remove the Y axis headers from visual 2, Power BI auto-resizes the bars. I don't want this to happen.

Since the number of cities could vary from one report to another, setting a fixed value for "minimum category width" is not an option. I also tried to set the Y axis text in white and sending it to the back, but then the legend (Top centered and variable in the number of items) "unveals" the trick as it fills up the entire visual box - setting the legend top left didn't help either.

Does anybody have any idea about how to achieve this? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Based on test, current power bi seems not support  to disable auto-resizing feature.
For your requirement, I'd like to suggest you submit an idea to ideas forum.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Based on test, current power bi seems not support  to disable auto-resizing feature.
For your requirement, I'd like to suggest you submit an idea to ideas forum.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I thought, but I wanted to ask to confirm it. Thank you @v-shex-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.