Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing Power BI dashboard

I'm on pro account, I've shared a "refresh hourly" dashboard with others (free account), they all got below message,

CRM.PNG

If i set back to daily or weekly, will they be able to view the report? 

CRM.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous wrote:

@v-yuezhe-msft my dashboard connected with 'dynamic crm online'.  The connection was between power bi desktop and dynamic crm online.  then, published onto power bi service.    the gateway connection was "connect directly" 

in that case, can i share to "power bi free" user? (without try the pro)

CRM.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

In your sceanrio, as long as you set schedule refresh for the dataset to daily or weekly, the users you shared dashboard with don't require pro licenses.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

What is your data source? As described in this article, if the dashboard contains data from a dataset that connects to gateway or contains data from a dataset that uses RLS, users will need to have pro license to view reports.

In addition, if you want to share your Power BI Pro content with users, they can sign up for a free trial of Power BI Pro, and gain access to your content during the trial period.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft my dashboard connected with 'dynamic crm online'.  The connection was between power bi desktop and dynamic crm online.  then, published onto power bi service.    the gateway connection was "connect directly" 

CRM.PNG

@Anonymous wrote:

CRM.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

In your sceanrio, as long as you set schedule refresh for the dataset to daily or weekly, the users you shared dashboard with don't require pro licenses.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft so view anything with 'gateway' or anything with 'auto refresh' need pro licence?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.