Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RoelVB
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint folder limit?

I'm trying to load a CSV file from Sharepoint. Nothing really special, I did this with other Sharepoint Online tenants before.

Unfortunatally this time the CSV files I want aren't showing.

What I did. Connected to the SPO tenant, when I filter `Extension` on ".csv" is only shows 2 files. There a more than 2 CSV files on there! Why doens't Power BI show them?

The 2 files that are showing are in https://tenant.sharepoint.com/somedocumentlibrary/A, the files I want are in https://tenant.sharepoint.com/somedocumentlibrary/B. I connected PowerBI to https://tenant.sharepoint.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoelVB
Helper I
Helper I

I've just created a new Document library, which works for now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
edhans
Super User
Super User

I would like to know why this happens. I just had the same happen to me with CSV files. 2 showed up, but there are 7 in our library. The Sharepoint site (a group) has 4,200 or so files, so it isn't the 5,000 file limit.

The "fix" is to change the source line that Power Query generates. Get rid of the  [ApiVersion = 15] at the end.

That will allow it to pull everything in there, even if there are more than 5,000 files, but I wish I knew what that APIVersion was really doing. I thought it was just limiting it to 5,000 files, but it is obviously doing more. When it is in place, my file count that is returned is around 3,100 files, so not sure why the other 1,100 or so are being excluded.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
RoelVB
Helper I
Helper I

I've just created a new Document library, which works for now.

@RoelVB,

Glad to hear that the issue is solved, you can mark your reply as answer, that way, other community members would easily find the solution when they get same issues.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I don't see it as a solution. It's a workaround.

@RoelVB,

I am unable to reproduce your issue from my side, could you please check if there are any issues in the old document library?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.