Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DAX_Learner07
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint files fail to refresh intermittently

Hi,

We have enterprise gateway installed  to refresh the datasets.Gateway is updated to latest version of March 2021.Still all sharepoint refreshes are failing.

When I click on "Edit conditionals" tab while editing datasource details  it does not complete the authentication and sign in window just closes

This is intermittent issue which we face once in a month.

DAX_Learner07_0-1616414250841.png

any suggestion would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
LPIcfessler
Regular Visitor

Make sure that the account you are using in the Gateway is an owner on the SharePoint Site. This has worked for us.

Yes, this is the solution we had to do also. Depending on who is the administrator of your gateway, making sure the credientials signing into the SharePoint Site have access to that file or is a generic AD account, etc. 

ecampschroer

Sharepoint has moved to tls1.2

As stated in this link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/troubleshoot/administration/authentication-errors-tls12-...

What nobody mentiones is the cyphersuites microsoft is using for sharepoint.

For TLS 1.2, the following cipher suites are supported by Azure Front Door:

• TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
  • TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
  • TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
  • TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256

these cyphersuites are probably not in use on your server where the gateway is installed.

at least our server didn't have those.

I added these cyphersuites rebooted the gateway server, and o wonder it works. 

easiest way to check use iiscrypto

DAX_Learner07
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-easonf-msft 

We are facing some weird issue with gateway.,Gateway is working fine for other reports in same workspace but same gateway is  giving an error as  offline to one report in the same workspace.

Even in "Manage Gateway" tab it shows Online

Any suggestion would be great.

novicepbixer
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm having this same issue. It's only with Sharepoint/Onedrive files added to the PowerBI dataset. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DAX_Learner07 , error here show invalid credential, can you please check is there connection issue. Clear permissions and save. Also, check some gateway error

Hi @amitchandak 

Yes ,it shows credentials issue but when I try to enter the credentials sign in window does not take it and closes the authentication window .

Gateway is workin fine for other datasorces(hana,SQL),it is failing only for sharepoint.

@DAX_Learner07 , I haven't seen this issue recently. Please check any issue reported

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

or log an issue.

Below is the error messege  I received while re-configuring gateway source.

OAuth login through the On-premises data gateway was unsuccessful. Specific error details available below and in the gateway logs.
: Microsoft.Mashup.OAuth.OAuthException: The service returned an invalid token. Please contact your IT administrator if this issue persists. at Microsoft.Mashup.OAuth.Utilities.FinishLogin(OAuthTracingService tracingService, Uri uri, NameValueCollection values) at Microsoft.Mashup.OAuth.AadOAuthProvider.FinishLogin(Byte[] serializedContext, Uri callbackUri, String state) at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.GatewayOAuthUtils.FinishLogin(IOAuthProvider provider, CredentialData credentialData) at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.OAuthTokenCache.GatewayOAuthTokenCache.<UpdateCredentialsAsync>d__8.MoveNext()

Hi, @DAX_Learner07 

Have you made any changes to the files on sharepoint, such as file paths, file names, etc.?

Without more useful information, it is difficult for me to provide a detailed solution  for you.

You can also open a support ticket to get dedicated support from the Microsoft personally.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.