Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Stemar_Aubert
Resolver I
Resolver I

Sharepoint files aren't showing up when get data.

Hi,

I am moving all the PBI files from my local disk to a Sharepoint.

The issue I encouter is the following. Files are in the Sharepoint, however the Sharepoint folder connector is not updating the list of available binaries, despite restarting PBI desktop, and the files being clearly present online.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
tkirilov
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Stemar_Aubert ,

Are the files in Sharepoint or Sharepoint Online. If it's the latter then please refer to the following:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Get-excel-file-on-power-BI-from-sharepoint-online-List/td-p...

Hi @tkirilov 

I am connecting to a Sharepoint Online folder. Credentials are valid and I can see files, the issue is modifications made in the Sharepoint Online folder are not taken into account by PowerBI, even when refreshing the model, or trying to connect a whole new blank model.

It even displays files that were deleted, so my assumption is that somehow PBI desktop doesn't update accordingly, thus making it impossible to work with online files. 

Using the web connector from your link doesn't work either, unfortunately.

Somehow, and I have no idea why, it started working again.

Updating a file will now appear when I refresh preview my query showing the list of binaries in a sharepoint.

Thanks for the tip regarding OneDrive, perhaps I will revert to this if the SP connector proves unreliable.

It's difficult to pinpoint the issue without being able to have a look at the set up myself, but perhaps you could try syncing your Sharepoint Online folder with OneDrive and get the flat files from there instead. I personally find it easier that way, if I'm sole developer of it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.