Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

e9801591
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint excel data only showing column headers and not data

Hi, I've been trying to work on this for the past 2 dasy and still can't figure out how to fix it. Data source is an excel file in sharepoint that is regularly being updated. No problem in connecting and accessing the file but when i view it in PBI desktop i can only see the 1st three rows. The 1st 2 rows are just merged rows for the file title and the actual data column headers are on the 3rd row. In PBI, no data from row 4 down is displayed. Can anyone help me with this or maybe provide some ideas on what I can do to check?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
e9801591
Helper I
Helper I

This has been resolved - excel version is old (xls). updating the file to the latest version of excel solved the problem. Thank you for all the help

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
e9801591
Helper I
Helper I

This has been resolved - excel version is old (xls). updating the file to the latest version of excel solved the problem. Thank you for all the help

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @e9801591

Are you importing a csv file or an xlsx file
What is the output of the file in PQ?

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Hi. xlsx file. I opened the file in sharepoint and saved it and upon refresh in PBI i can now see the data. Must be file permissions?

Hi @e9801591

Is your issue solved?

If the issue has been solved, please adopt the solution to help others.

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Hi @e9801591,

You can check the Manage Access in sharepoint.

You can also check if the following setting caused your issue:

v-xulin-mstf_0-1623747274102.png

Best Regards,

Link

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@e9801591 very hard to say, just talking a loud

- are you connected to the right location/file

- are you navigating to correct sheet

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@e9801591 is there step in the PQ that is filtering any data?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k no filters. so far only 3 applied steps. 1. Source 2. Navigation 3. Change Type

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.