Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

joannab
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sharepoint URL - image not showin up in Desktop

Hello,

I have an issue with images that are not showing up in Power BI Desktop. I can see only broken images.

Images are saved at sharepoint where I have full access. When for tests I change the data category from Image URL to Web URL then hyperlinks are working correctly. Other images from public URLs are showing up correctly, so all the settings are ok...

The issue exists in desktop apps: Power BI Desktop and Teams. However, in Power BI and Teams online I can see the same images correctly, but when exporting the report to pdf or pptx the issue appears again.

My colleagues with the same access to this sharepoint (full access) have exactly the same.

Could you advise what else can be checked, set up?

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joannab ,

Please get the url of the image by this way.

2.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi, please see how it looks in my case. 

Images are saved at sharepoint and menu looks like on this screen shot:

Issue_screenshot1.PNG

When I use option "Copy link" I got URL like:

1 ) https://***.sharepoint.com/:i:/r/sites/****my path****/A1.png?csf=1&e=cO8uXF

It doesn't work, but when I edit it to the shape like that (remove the part: :i:/r/ and the code at the end)

2) https://***.sharepoint.com/sites/****my path****/A1.png

it seems like correct link that works in online services (Power BI and Teams online). It also works as a hyperlink in Desktop when I change a category from Image URL to Web URL.

When I open the image on sharepoint then on the right click I got this menu:

Issue_screenshot2.PNG

And at the top there is menu:

Issue_screenshot3.PNG

Here "Copy link" option gives me the same results as in the first case (1). "View original" moves me to the page with this image where in the address bar I can see the same link that I created before (2) - which looks correct in my opinion and works online, but not in desktop apps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.