Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint Query Connection Isssue

Hi Guys,

I am trying to develop a report in which I get data from an excel file in a sharepoint folder.

My manager shared this folder with me so I copied the path of an excel report in this sharepoint folder and uploaded in PowerBI. My manager replaces this report everyday for another with exactly the same name.

In the first day it was perfect when I connected but after my manager replaces the report for a new one (he replaces the file daily but keep the same name) I cannot access anymore and I get the below error. From this I understand that when he replaces the excel file in sharepoint folder I cannot access the query anymore? How can I solve it and have the info automatically updated whenever he replaces the file on sharepoint? 

Thank you in advance!

PBI doubts.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may go to File->Options and Settings->Data Source Settings->Global permissions in Power BI Desktop, find the data source stored SharePoint,  click "Edit permissions", then click "Edit", choose organizational account method (or Microsoft account) to sign in the appropriate credential.

or click "clear permissions" for stored SharePoint data source, then connect to the data using SharePoint folder connector again, use the URL below and use organizational account method.  See more: Connecting to Files in SharePoint & OneDrive with Power BI / Power Query.

https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/<sitename>

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

as amy said below clear permissions and make sure you sign in with your microsoft account.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may go to File->Options and Settings->Data Source Settings->Global permissions in Power BI Desktop, find the data source stored SharePoint,  click "Edit permissions", then click "Edit", choose organizational account method (or Microsoft account) to sign in the appropriate credential.

or click "clear permissions" for stored SharePoint data source, then connect to the data using SharePoint folder connector again, use the URL below and use organizational account method.  See more: Connecting to Files in SharePoint & OneDrive with Power BI / Power Query.

https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/<sitename>

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.