Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nicop

Sharepoint Online List Data Source Auto / Scheduled Refresh not working

Hi there,

pretty new to PowerBI, so I hope my question is not too nooby:

I have created a report and connected a data source from a Sharepoint online ist. Got it working, data is loaded and when I refresh in BI Desktop, data changes are reflected. I have published the Report online and I am able to implement it on our Sharepoint via Iframe.

However, I cannot get auto refresh of data to work. When I go into the report settings, the scheduled refresh option is greyed out. 

I read that Sharepoint online lists do refresh automatically. But this also does not happen. I made some changes yesterday evening, and today these changes were not reflected in the iframe view / Power BI online portal. Only when I do a manual refresh in BI Desktop, then republish, changes are reflected in the iframe etc.

Any help how to get this working would be highly appreciated!

br

Nicolas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @nicop ,

Sorry, I have tested for several times, it all could work on my side, could you have checked if you have edited the credential for your dataset:

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nicop ,

Based on my research, it could work on my side:

In desktop, before I updated the data:

1.PNG

Sample data in sharepoint list(Updated):

1.PNG

In service:

1.PNG

But it takes me almost 1 hour to make the refresh work, I suggest you try again.

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Danhe,

thanks for your suggestion. I have waited for almost 24h, no auto refresh happening. also, when i click refresh in service, nothing happens. only refresh working is on desktop...

Hi @nicop ,

Sorry, I have tested for several times, it all could work on my side, could you have checked if you have edited the credential for your dataset:

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Hi @v-danhe-msft , Thank you for your response but I have similar challenge and I have edited my credential yet it is not working. Do I need to schedule a refresh? 

Regards,

Dear Daniel,

I think that did the trick, there was an issue with the authentification. Now I see the scheduled updates and can enable it. 

Thanks a lot for getting back on this one!

br

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors