Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

moeconsult
Helper V
Helper V

Sharepoint Online Access Reports

I need help with this requirement . I need a suggestion or reommendation on how to visulise the requirements below 

Report against all sharepoint team sites (or a selection of team sites)

Provide insight about who has access to what is within the document library of the team sites

visualise list of all files/folders within the document library, the users that have access to these files/folders and permission level they have i.e owner or member

Thanks for your help in advance .

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @moeconsult 

Report against all sharepoint team sites (or a selection of team sites)

Do the team sites belong to one tenant?

Provide insight about who has access to what is within the document library of the team sites

Power BI: Two Way To Get Data From SharePoint List / Library

visualise list of all files/folders within the document library, the users that have access to these files/folders and permission level they have i.e owner or member

To make users see limited data on Power BI report based on their permission in Sharepoint, please configure RLS for the end users.

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI

Row-Level Security in Power BI: Part 1 – Roles and Users

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @moeconsult ,

from my current understanding it's not possible to access the metadata of a Sharepoint site, but please be aware that I'm not a Sharepoint expert.

For this, I would ask one of my Sharepoint experts to create a list or two lists (of course this will be necessary for each site), that contain the information you want. These lists can be accessed by Power Query and can be used to visualize the informatiion you want.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thanks for your response, I used the get data from sharepoint online, please see my attachment, I am confused what is the best way to visualise this for different team sitesWhatsApp Image 2020-01-03 at 10.20.03.jpeg

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.