Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint List ID instead of full name

Hello,

I have a people dropdown on my SharePoint list. When I import the list to power BI the full name of the person doesn't show up I get two columns with numbers only

Project Manager ID

Project Manager StringID

How can I make the numbers return full name text just like in SharePoint?

5 REPLIES 5
Nyssie

I have this same issue. My Sharepoint List has quite a few "Person" fields, for instance Point of Contact for the project. When I connect the data source to Power BI and try to create a table, it only gives me PointofContactId and PointofContactStringId and when I pull it into Power BI, it only shows [List] in the table.

I tried to go into Transform Data and extracted the value from the field but then it only displays an ID.

Help, I really need it to display the person's name that was selected!

nd1

I experience the same issue.  

I have looked at sources hoping to get it resolved, such as A Simplified Method of Working with SharePoint Data in Power BI – The White Pages (bifocal.show)

Unfortunately this doesn't work as I can't locate the column FieldValuesAsText from the load.

Any advice would be greatly received

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no solution?

lagonz

I am facing the same issue. One column of my Sharepoint list is "Owner". When I connect the List to PowerBI, I obtain 2 columns: OwnerID and OwnerString. What I am trying to achieve is getting the full name so I can use slicers and create reports. Any hint?

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

I could not reproduce your issue. Could you share more details?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.