Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

baneworth
Helper II
Helper II

Sharepoint ID extracted from filename in new column

Hello Community,

I create entries for tool inspection with power apps loaded to a sharepoint list, this entries also include images.

Then i have a flow running which takes the images from the list and puts them into a sharepoint library (so i can link them with onedrive for easy access).

Now my company also wants powerbi analysis of this data  and link each entry with the image.

My issue now is, that in the image library i do not have the entry ID (available in the list) and therefore can not link this 2 tables.

But i do have the ID in the image name available as can be seen in below image -> red marked

Is there a way to create a new column in power query (or others) and extract this information?

- there are always 3 - and 1 -- before the ID, also the ID will stay at 4 characters for a very long time.

sharepoint id.png

Thank you

Best regards

Matthias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomasAndersson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi!
You should be able to to a custom column using PowerQuery:

Text.Middle([Name], Text.PositionOf([Name],"--")+3, 4)

This finds the position of "--" and picks up the first four characters after "--", 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomasAndersson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi!
You should be able to to a custom column using PowerQuery:

Text.Middle([Name], Text.PositionOf([Name],"--")+3, 4)

This finds the position of "--" and picks up the first four characters after "--", 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.