Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Holger28
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint Adapter: FieldValuesAsText does not work anymore with Power BI Desktop May 2017 version

FieldValuesAsText does not work anymore with Offoce 365: Normally you can get all SharePoint List column values as text from this column. This does not work anymore. Instead I get one single field with cryptic name. What happended?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Holger28 @philipr,

Based on my test, this issue has been fixed in the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.46.4732.721), please install the new version of Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Holger28 @philipr,

Based on my test, this issue has been fixed in the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.46.4732.721), please install the new version of Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yuezhe-msft,

I have downloaded to latest version of Power BI Desktop and the issue seems to be resolved within the Desktop program. I then publish the report to Power BI, so that my entire group can view it. The report publishes fine and the data is correct until the report refreshes. Then, the report reverts back to having this issue. The only solution is for me to then download a copy of the pbix, refresh the data within Power BI Desktop, publish it to Power BI and replace the old file. This is not a plausible solution, as this report is set to automatically refresh, so this would require me to download, refresh, and republish after every refresh.

Thanks,

Amy Jo

I just installed this new version and can confirm that the issue is gone, problem solved! Thank you very much!

Hi @Holger28,

You can mark helpful replies as answer to close this thread.Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Lydia

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Holger28 @philipr

The product team confirm that this is a bug, and expect to release an update to Power BI Desktop in the middle of next week (~5/16).

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Holger28,

I can reproduce your issue in Power BI Desktop May version, I will report this issue internally and post back once I get any updates.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

I have the same problem. Any update with this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors