Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

viferenc
Helper II
Helper II

Shared Filled Maps (Choropleths) with ISO country code does not work in the shared countries

Hi,

I would need some help, regarding Map visualization with country codes.

I use Power BI Desktop, where I use one of my report the Filled Maps (Choropleths) with ISO country code (I have tried with Alpha-2 code and also with Alpha-3 code). On my PC I do not have any problem to visualize all the country on the map, and it works also with the filter.

But when I share the report with another user in a different countries with a different language settings like Hungarian, it does not work. The map does not show the countries, I see only the total world map and not the selected countries. If I select my requested country, in the map I do not see it, still the total world map is visible

I were thinking the ISO country code should work everywhere.

Could you please help me how should I solve this problem, that the shared report with map visualization should work as well in the different countries with different local settings.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Feri

5 REPLIES 5
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I tried but failed to reproduce your issue, please help to provide further information:

1). What is the language setting when you create your report with Filled Map?

2). What are the selected countries?

Or it is better if you can share me one simple report which can quickly reproduce your issue.

Dear Vicky_Song,

did you have the time to check my problem? I sent you some screenshots and comment. Do you need mor information?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

Feri

Dear Vicky_Song,

I create the report with German langugage settings.

I use the following ISO code to identify the countries.

Country ISO code.jpg

It tried with ISO Alpha-2, Alpha-3 code, but it does not work with Hungarian language settings. Some of the users are from Hungary with Hungarian language settings.

I checked also the situtation in Slovakia, also the map does not work.

Those users are "guest".

I don´t know it should make any different.

thank you for your help

I received now the feedback that we have the same problem by users which are not marked as "guest".

BR

Feri

I just wanted to share additional information.

In the Power BI Desktop the map works for me well, as you can see

Power BI Desktop - Map.jpg

But when I´m useing the Power BI in my browser I have the same problem that tha Map does not work. I see only the total Map

Power BI Webpage - Map.jpg

Thank you for your support

Feri

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.