cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SharePoint date differs from Power BI date

did you found a solution for this problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Power Query, I enter the following, for a column called Date.

#"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(<Source>,each [Date],each [Date]+#duration(0,1,0,0),Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Date"}),

For UK this will bring a 22/04 23:00 to 23/04 00:00, which I convert to Date 23/04. Outside Daylight saving, it would turn 23/04 00:00 to 23/04 01:00, which again would convert to 23/04. So for me this is enough.

There is also the suggestion which works of casting to date, then date time locale, then back to date (three separate steps).

Highlighted
Ricsta Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I tried the date time locale alternative, which almost fooled me to think it was working, but as soon as I published the report online it reverted (I reckoned it used another source for the date time locale setting after being published). 

ianw1000 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

We've had the bizarre situation where we have had a mix of correct dates and dates out by one hour within the same column on a List on SharePoint Online. Fortunately we also had the dates elsewhere so I could check them. I used this formula to correct them:

each if DateTime.Time([Lease date]) = #time(0,0,0) then [Lease date] else Date.AddDays ([Lease date], 1)

So if the Lease date is correct (ie with a time of 00:00:00), then it uses it otherwise it adds a day.

I've seen this behaviour on two seperate SharePoint lists in the last few weeks.

nickdewitt Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Yeah this is pretty bad, made worse by the fact that this has worked in the past the same on the service as it did on the desktop. Someone has seriously dropped the ball here, we don't seem to have control over what locale the service performs it's refresh in and even when you specify the locale as in the previous post, it still does not work the same on the service as it does on the desktop.

I'm in the uk, so eventually I just gave up, converted it to a float, rounded it then converted back to a date. That should work for anyone who is less than 12 hours away from UTC.

Stupid problem, should not be resurfacing on reports that I wrote years ago and applied the datetimezone conversion to appropriately.

sorenblatt Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@Ricsta , @alltasksIT Did you ever find a solid solution when publishing your reports? I have the same issue, dates look fine in the Desktop after changing the locale to UK. But when I publish to the server, which is placed in UTC+2, the issue reappears.

My SharePoint site is Non-English and therefore has to be API-version 15. So changing this is not a solution. 

Lorence Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This seems to work fine! not too difficult but requires work on each date column.

http://geekswithblogs.net/darrengosbell/archive/2019/02/01/power-bi-ndash-fixing-dates-from-sharepoi...

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in 2020

New Ranks and Rank Icons in 2020

Read the announcement for more information!

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

We're rolling out new Kudos Given badges. Find out how many Kudos you've given.

November 2019 Community Highlights

November 2019 Community Highlights

Get an overview of the events and great community content from November.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)