Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HenryH
Regular Visitor

SharePoint date differs from Power BI date

Hi,

I have imported data from a SharePoint list into Power BI including one column containing a date.

The date in Power BI differs 1 day from the date in SharePoint.

e.g. Sharepoint: 1/6/2016 > Power BI: 1/5/2016

Is this related to time zone differences and how can I fix this except for adding a new column adding one day?

Kind regards,

Henry

45 REPLIES 45
greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Is the date being stored as a date-time data type in the underlying SharePoint list and in Power BI?

Is there any point in your query where the date is cast to an integer or other numeric type and cast back to a date type? SQL Server's date time types have a numeric representation where the date-time represented by 0 is one day more recent than that of Tabular.

In SharePoint the date is indeed being stored as a "Date and Time".

In Power BI, in the initial Query result, the date is already changed to one day earlier.

I did find out that dates that are stored by SharePoint itself (created date, modified date, etc.) are correct in Power BI.

However, they are also of type "Date and Time", so I don't see what's different.

Ive just noticed this same thing but even my modified and created dates are wrong.  Did you ever figure this out?

Nope, didn't yet figure it out.

Have you tried creating or modifying something at different times during the day to make sure it's not a time zone issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.