cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
RNooijen
Helper I
Helper I

SharePoint data - We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided. please try again

Dear All,

 

I have a report running that's updating on a weekly base, this report is already running for like a half year now, never have any issues. But today I get the error: "We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided. please try again". Its about data that's stored on a SharePoint page, when I login directly to SharePoint there aren't any issues.

Does anyone have a similar issue/ experience with this issue?

Thank you!
Kind Regards,

Ramon

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-yingjl ,

 

Thank you for your reply, I tried your steps and unfortunately, it didn't solve my issue. Finally I checked the new data set manually and I found some #N/A in it. Somehow this showed an error in PowerQuery which resulted in this error... Still strange because this error isn't referring to an error in the data set so that's confusing. 

But when I removed the #N/A's and refreshed the report again it worked, without any credential errors.

Kind Regards,
Ramon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RNooijen ,

You can clear the credentials in data source settings and reconnect to sharepoint using the latest credentials to check whether it works. (Transform data -> Data source settings -> Clear Permissions)

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am experiencing a similar issue where I am able to access my SharePoint list data source without issue but as soon as I attempt an Unpivot with the data, I'd get the same error: "We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided. please try again."
I have tried clearing the permission as suggested, but it did not solve the issue.  Any suggestions are welcomed.


Hi @v-yingjl ,

 

Thank you for your reply, I tried your steps and unfortunately, it didn't solve my issue. Finally I checked the new data set manually and I found some #N/A in it. Somehow this showed an error in PowerQuery which resulted in this error... Still strange because this error isn't referring to an error in the data set so that's confusing. 

But when I removed the #N/A's and refreshed the report again it worked, without any credential errors.

Kind Regards,
Ramon

Helpful resources

Announcements
June 2022 update 768X460.jpg

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the June 2022 updates!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 23 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, June 30 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

June 20 episode 7 with aka link 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Join us on June 20 at 11 am PDT when Kim Manis shares the latest on Azure Synapse analytics, the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform, and notable Power BI Updates from Microsoft Build 2022.

Top Solution Authors