Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

navedkhan
Helper III
Helper III

SharePoint (being datasource) "Date" Issue when report is refreshed from PowerBi Server

Hi All - am facing a very strange issue in PowerBi Service wrt 'Dates'. 

my report takes data from SharePoint on a daily basis and when i program my PowerBi report to refresh on its own with a gateway, it refreshes the report but registers date (-1 day from today). this makes my report useless to readers.

When i delete said report from service and refresh and publish it again, it works fine. however when i refresh from service it refreshes fine but doesn't show up latest date.

@Zubair_Muhammad 

@MFelix 

@PBIFCSuperUser 

So can i find a workaround this date issue from DAX measure so that it doesn't rely on SharePoint dates (leading to -1 day when it is published on PowerBi server)? Like hardcode date so that it doesn't gets impacted when powerbi server refresh is run daily.?

Because deleting report daily from PowerBi Server and then publishing is a big time pain (rather if it refreshes on its own when date issue is tackled in desktop through DAX)

E.g screenshots enclosed....

When report is refreshed in Desktop and published on ServerWhen report is refreshed in Desktop and published on ServerAfter Refresh in PowerBi Server (through Gateway)After Refresh in PowerBi Server (through Gateway)

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @navedkhan ,

Do you have any schedulle refresh on your setup? Or do you just connect it to the gateway and leave it with the defaults?

I linked to a sharepoint folder and was getting a strange refresh and not picking up the latest version of my file when I went and look at the refresh information the schedulle hour was at a previous moment before my latest sharepoint "update".

Try to schedulle a data refresh at an hour after you are sure your sharpoint is updated.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hello @MFelix 

Not exactly. I've timed my report to refresh at a given time in a day (and this is after SharePoint is updated).

But shockingly what i see daily basis is that -1 day taken off from my report whenever it's refreshed from Server (using gateway. However when i delete this report completely and then publish it from desktop. it brings all dates with itself.

For e.g. - 1) from server when it is refreshed automatically, report dates would have full range except of today's date.

2) when fresh report is published from desktop, all the dates come up without any elimination...

What could be going wrong in this **bleep** issue here? 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.