Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SharePoint Online Report Auto Refresh Doubts

Hello Community, 

I am new to Powr Bi. I have the challenge of creating some live dashboards from a sharepoint online list. But I have some few doubts I would like to clarify. 

I imported the data from the list into my data model in the desktop app. I Filter query that data (eliminated some columns, filtered some, replaced values, splitted columns...) ... After that I created my visualization of the data. Saved and published online. I already putted the daily schedule for the data set in the online power Bi app. 

Questions: 

1. If I add new rows to the SharePoint List, would this row be reflected in the visualization? When? After the daily update? Or never? I added a new row and it isn't reflected, I clicked on the refresh button and it didn't reflected either.

2. I entered the report edit mode in the desktopp app, and from there I clicked the refresh button and it does pulled the data from the SharePoint Online into my dataset and reflected it. it doesn[t updated the online report. I cliked Saved and publish and obviously it updated. 

What happened? could this task get done automatically. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can treat SharePoint as a cloud database. If you want a automatic refresh, you need to set schedule refresh.

7-1.PNG

Here is the docment you can refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-scheduled-refresh

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can treat SharePoint as a cloud database. If you want a automatic refresh, you need to set schedule refresh.

7-1.PNG

Here is the docment you can refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-scheduled-refresh

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.