Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

SharePoint Online Lists with Power Bi - Direct Live Connection, URL parameter filter and Rich Text?

Connecting to an SPO list I see one of the columns supports rich text.

It starts with <div class="ExternalClass.........guid...">The text of the column here... <span......

Is there any way to consume this data and retain the rich text?  

I realize I could change the column to plain text in the list, but I would like to be able to display this and since PBI is built to allow SPO data I was hoping there was a way to handle this?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

A little late answering here, but you may want to try using the FieldValuesAsText column as outlined here - 

https://whitepages.unlimitedviz.com/2018/04/power-bi-report-rich-text-sharepoint/ 

Cheers

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @OneWithQuestion,

Up to now, the rich text in sharepoint online list is unsupported in Power BI. So there is no way to retain the rich text. Please review this similar thread and vote this ideaSmiley Happy. Power BI will become better after your support.

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.