Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SharePoint Online List dataset Credentials (Windows Account is Missing) so cannot schedule a refresh

Hello,

It seem that I cannot scedule a dataset refresh to get fresh data from a SharePoint Online list where the authentication method will not be anonymous. The reason seem to be the missing authentication option (Microsoft Account) for the dataset in the Power BI portal.

You may see print screns below (1) from Power BI desktop and (2) the Power BI dataset settings.

I made sure that I have the most up to date Power BI Desktop version when creating the report. Could it be that there is some seeting needed in the Power BI Admin console? Is it allowed to scedule dataset refresh for SharePoint Online lists when you do not use anonymous authentication method?

• Power BI Desktop

PBI Desktop.png

• Power BI portal (dataset setiings)

PBI dataset.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I created a support ticket and the resolver suggested to replave the HTTP part of the URL to HTTPS. This solved the issue and I can see the OAuth2 option now!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

I have made a test, you can select OAuth2 authentication.

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I do not get the OAuth2 option at all. Where do you see it? Power BI desktop? Dataset credential? Both?

@Anonymous ,

You can select "Oauth2" option in "dataset credentials" session. If you don't see the option, please check if there're other data sources in your report dataset.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I do not see the OAuth2 option and there is no other data sources bedside the SharePoint Online list in the report.

@Anonymous ,

It's weird, I would suggest you to create a support ticket here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I created a support ticket and the resolver suggested to replave the HTTP part of the URL to HTTPS. This solved the issue and I can see the OAuth2 option now!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.