Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

djrao07

SharePoint List with multiple line column and "Append Changes to existing text" turned ON, PowerBI

Currently have multiple line of text column with "Append Changes to existing text" turned ON in a Sharepoint List.
I created a Power BI report to display information related to the list inclusive of those Multiple text with append changes on columns.
However, when I display the text columns in a table I am not seeing the text stored and only few row with recent changes are imported.
When view the Item in Sharepoint list, the text is there.
How can I get the full text stored in multiple line and display it in Power BI? Screeshot of same is attached.
Thanks for any assistance with this issue.

SharePoint List -MultipleLineTet-AppendExistingTextONSharePoint List -MultipleLineTet-AppendExistingTextONPowerBI-MultipleLine-AppendON-Only few line are displayedPowerBI-MultipleLine-AppendON-Only few line are displayedSharePointList-test 2 entry of multiplelineSharePointList-test 2 entry of multipleline

3 REPLIES 3
mblichowski
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I have the same issue with my connection to the SP list. @djrao07 have you managed to find a solution to this problem?

Thanks

Good day, I also have the same issue. Is there a solution as yet?

ChrisMendoza
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@djrao07 - Looks like you're in for some work based off https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Getting-SharePoint-List-items-with-full-history-version/td-... .

I'm trying to imagine what you're using this method for, hard to tell with your sample. My guess is some sort of comment log? You can do some pretty nifty things using Power Apps and Power Automate to collect and transform your list. Take a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyoD0DD_fW0 by Reza Dorrani. Specifically his 'log history' implementation.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.