Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

karo
Post Patron
Post Patron

SharePoint List connection error

Hi,

Maybe someone can help me with a workaround, please. 

I have problem with SharePoint list connection to Power BI due to one column. I am aware that this is "known error" due to column settings: Multiple Selection for People or Group Field. Unfortunately, I cannot remove or modify the SharePoint List, however this "problematic" column is not needed for my reports. There is any way to deselect only this "problematic"column from the import to Power BI to avoid the error? 

Regards,

Karo

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @karo 

You may try to fill null values or disable allowing multiple selections, 

If you still have this issue, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further help.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lili6-msft ,

Thank you for reply, however I cannot modify the sharepoint list setting due to negative implications for the users. I rather looking for a solution where in the query I will be able to remove this "problematic" columnn from the import to Power BI. 

Any ideas?

Regards,

Karo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.