Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MikePowerBI
Helper II
Helper II

SharePoint List Data Refresh Error: OLE DB or ODBC error

Hi there,

When attempting to manually refresh a Power BI dashboard, I receive the following refresh error: OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.NotFound] SharePoint: Request failed (404): The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.).

MikePowerBI_2-1674419348309.png

I am able to open the data table through the Power Query Editor and navigate to the SharePoint list through my internet browser with no issues. Any help with explaining how to resolve this refresh issue is greatly appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @VahidDM 

Thank you for your response! I double checked and I have full control over the SharePoint site and the specific SharePoint list. I was able to troubleshoot the issue more in the Power Query window and found the issue was related to blank values in a lookup column within the list. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VahidDM
Super User
Super User

HI @MikePowerBI 

1. Check if the user account that is being used to connect to the SharePoint list has the appropriate permissions to access the list. If not, you will need to grant the user the necessary permissions.

2. Check if there are any proxy or firewall settings blocking the connection to the SharePoint list. If so, you will need to update the settings to allow the connection.

3. Check if the SharePoint list is locked for editing by another user, try refreshing again later.

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos!! 

Badges.jpg

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog | YouTube 

Hi @VahidDM 

Thank you for your response! I double checked and I have full control over the SharePoint site and the specific SharePoint list. I was able to troubleshoot the issue more in the Power Query window and found the issue was related to blank values in a lookup column within the list. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.