cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarloA93
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint Excel File Data Source Issues

I've found that if I use Excel files on SharePoint (using the SharePoint folder connection in Power BI), that the connection breaks if I add any other files into that SharePoint (removing them resolves this). Is there any way around this? Or, is there a better datasource that can be easily be updated by non-power users we can utilize, hopefully free but if we need other licenses that's okay too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ChrisMendoza
Super User
Super User

@CarloA93 - Not sure if this is the issue but I usually grab Excel files within SharePoint as the below image. You should only need the Source line as the subsequent lines are generated by the GUI as you click through to find the Excel file.
image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChrisMendoza
Super User
Super User

@CarloA93 - Not sure if this is the issue but I usually grab Excel files within SharePoint as the below image. You should only need the Source line as the subsequent lines are generated by the GUI as you click through to find the Excel file.
image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

Thank you 2022 Review

2022 Monthly Feature Releases

We had a great 2022 with a ton of feature releases to help you drive a data culture.