Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anzil

SharePoint Date Data getting changed in Power BI

I am developing a PowerBI report from SharePoint online list using powerBI desktop.

My report should give the task list according to the start date slicer. But I am getting some employees tasks on the selected date and
some employees tasks are the next day of the selected date.

for an example if i select 20.11.2021, report giving some employees tasks on 20.11.2021 and some of 21.11.2021

I need to get the accurate report. Please help

Below is my column settings and my timezone is Time zone in United Arab Emirates (GMT+4)

image.png
5 REPLIES 5
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anzil ,

Whether your problem has been resolved? If so, could you please mark the helpful post as Answered? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem with you. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
gpiero
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

@anzil 

Hi,
I do not know if you have already solved your issue and how I could help you.
But at the beginning of my experience with SPO 2013 and PBI I faced the same issue when a datetime field in a SP list filled by  workflows running in SPO.
Please check if the story in this old post could help you. At that time someone else solved using the same solution

Regards

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Wrong-input-in-a-field-Date/m-p/215986#M95632

If I can...
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

you need to do the timezone adjustnment over power query, get the raw data no data type modification over the date time column, them select the time zone type data and them date again or locale date to adjut according where you want it. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

I have changed Start Date to Date/Time/Timezone. But it didn't work for me

anzil_0-1638729948395.png

now after that step apply a date by locale step to make sure it comes back to the time zone you want it to be, this will make that even after loading upon the service the date not to recalculate upon the new timezone on the web versión

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.