Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SharePoint 2013 List Connection

Hi, 

I cannot connect to a SharePoint 2013 List via the SharePoint List option due to the following error:

Capture.PNG

Note all the other lists available from that root URL are able to connect via the SharePoint List option.

Is this due to calculations and lookups in the list? How can I get the Input String into the right format?

It is possible to connect it via the Web Connection but when connecting up more than one site, the servers constantly time out.

So I made a view in the SharePoint list that doesn't contain the lookups but this didn't help.

POL Capture.PNG

I've also increased the timeout from 100 seconds to 5 minutes but this hasn't change the situation. 

2 problems in essense! 

Any ideas where to look? Are the issues stemming from the SharePoint list?

Thank you in advance,

J

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Jowill,

Your error is 500  server error, so you could check whether there is something wrong on your server, you coould try to connect to other sharepoint list to see whether it work or not. In addition, you also could try to delete calculated column or other column like (lookup ) to see whether it work or not.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zoe, 

thanks for your reply. Other SharePoint lists connect without an issue. 

Would you suggest then that it's likely because of the calculated columns in the list?

I only ask because the other lists that connect without an issue also have calculated columns. Seems odd.

thanks, 

J

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.