cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Share your thoughts on the new ribbon (Preview feature)

The new ribbon works fine for me, but I would like to have the 'create a new column button' also on the home screen to make easier new columns (suggestion is to put it next to 'new measure'). 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I love the new look, but the Feb update made my Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons disappear. Had to turn the ribbon off in order to get those back.

Highlighted
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

@cksiz , can you please send more information to help us reproduce this issue to alexgor@microsoft.com? Screenshot, machine configuration, and any additional repro steps are highly appreciated. Thanks!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Query errors are showing up behind the ribbon (ex: "The syntax for <blah> is incorrect") isn't visible in the new version. I can see the bottom of the tooltip, but the contents are behind the ribbon. I had to switch to the old version to see the error message

Highlighted
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Thanks for reporting @arichards! This issue will be fixed in the April release of Desktop.

Highlighted

I can't find anywhere the "Change category of data" button from the Modeling tab. Nor does the AI prompt it by asking it to change it from URL to URL image.

Highlighted
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

image.png

@cfyhung, when you select a column in the Field List, you should see 'Column Tools' in the Ribbon as shown above. Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors