Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tessahurr
Employee
Employee

Share your thoughts on the new ribbon (Preview feature)

Hit Reply to tell us what you think about the new ribbon so we can continue to improve.

Don't forget to try out the simplified ribbon too!

More information about the ribbon can be found in our blog post.

-Power BI ribbon team

88 REPLIES 88
Tara_
Helper II
Helper II

Enjoying the new ribbon, though I have one small issue so far. I noticed the new ribbon has removed some currencies in the Measure Tools' currency list, so far I've found out that Jordan (English) JOD currency has been removed, I tried the old ribbon but that list has also been updated and so I have no way to add it anymore. Would appreciate if all currencies can be in the list as previously.

JayR19
Frequent Visitor

Bring back Quick access tollbar and Allow user to customise Like Excel please.Capture.JPG

As much as I love new updated ribbon, save on top is really important.

hope this helps.

raynok
Frequent Visitor

So far so good, thank you. Would like the ability to have a dock/undock feature for the "Filter/visualization/Fields" panel so that it can be moved to another screen if ever desired. 

Arie
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I like the new ribbon layout and design, it is much more in Office365 look-and-feel.

But I also really miss a Quick Access Toolbar, would be nice if this can be added in the future.

An other thing I mentioned is that the Get Data button is now one button, instead of a splitted button. A splitted button (like the Transform Data button) would be nice, where the top part opens the Get Data dialog and the bottom part opens the dropdown menu. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I determine the name of the current theme?

Move 100% of the visualization pane into the ribbon. The visualization selector, and the mess of controls below it to change formatting/options for a given visualization.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
edhans
Super User
Super User

I like the new ribbon. Hopeing it doesn't lock up like the old one did. Oddly enough, after installing this update, the ribbon locked up on first launch and I had to minimize/maximize to get to the File|Options menu to turn this on.

1. Like the new "Transform Data" button vs "Edit Queries" - makes more sense.
  2. I like that Bookmarks, Sync Slicers, Selection, and Performance Analyzer have their own buttons. Easier to manage than the 7 (and counting) checkboxes in the old View|Show section.
  3. Do NOT like that the Undo/Redo buttons are on the home ribbon. If you make changes on the view or modeling ribbons, you now have to switch to the Home ribbon to undo - or move your hands off of the keyboard and use shortcut keys. Please put the Unto/Redo back in a universally accessible area, i.e. the QAT.
  4. Love LOVE LOVE that formatting for amount types is now in a new toolbar called Measure Tools or Column Tools depending on what you clicked on, and that it is one-click to format currency with 2 places vs having to pick a currency symbol, locale, etc.
  5. Like all of the new specialized ribbons. Measure Tools, Column Tools, Table Tools, etc.
  6. I wish the new Theme view would preview the theme on hover over like it does in Office apps without having to select it, then undo it if you don't like it, but do like you can at least see colors now vs just a theme name.
  7. If you click on a measure, you get 4 specialized toolbars: Format, Data/Drill, Table Tools, and Measure Tools. It is unintuitive for new users and even Excel users like myself, to have the number formatting tools under "Measure Tools" vs Format. Not suggesting move it, but rename Format to something else. It has Interactions, and the Arrange tools, like forward/back. Maybe just all it Alignment Tools, or Arrangement Tools? Format just implies number formatting, or even text box formatting tools (bold, underline, etc.)

Overall love the new direction. A definite improvement!

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

@edhansThanks for the feedback! In reference to #7, it seem like you have both a visual on the canvas selected and a measure in your fields list selected.  Selecting a visual will get the Format and Data/Drill tabs to show up.  Selecting a Measure will get the Table tools and Measure tools tabs to show up.

One other thing: The File|Open section is much better too, showing dozens and dozens of recently opened files. Can we get a search box at the top to filter that list so we can quickly get what we want vs scrolling?

foomanschu13
Advocate I
Advocate I

Also would like to see the quick access toolbar return as it takes an extra click to do an everyday task like saving.

We plan to add Save button in the title in the next release. For a full Quick Access Toolbar please create a new idea and vote on it to provide us with data on the demand for this feature! 

@AlexGorev wrote:

We plan to add Save button in the title in the next release. For a full Quick Access Toolbar please create a new idea and vote on it to provide us with data on the demand for this feature! 

UserVoice here. I don't care if it is the old QAT or not, but persistent access to Save, Undo, Redo across all ribbons is what I would like to see again.

hverburg
Frequent Visitor

Love the way the new ribbon looks! I might be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out how to access the ribbon via keyboard shortcuts (Alt + other keys).

We are still working on this. Expect this in the next release!

Hi @hverburg ,

We're currently working on this, so it will come in a future update.  Thanks for your patience!

Thanks, much appreciated. That would definitely help me moving over to the new ribbon.

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

• I like the revamped ribbon 😀
  • @tessahurr I can't seem to find the simplified ribbon that you mention?
  • I'm also missing the Quick Access Toolbar!
  • The Power Query Editor still has the old ribbon, is that changing also?

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

To switch to a Simplified Ribbon there is a small shevron in the bootom right corner of the Ribbon.

Based on the usage telemetry of the Quick Access Toolbar we do not plan to implement it at this point. Creating a seprate Idea and voting for it would help us understnad the demand. We do plan to add the Save button in the Title.

Power Query Edito will be switching to the new ribbon next year but no exact timeframe yet.

Hi @nickyvv ,

To access the simplified ribbon, press the chevron in the lower right hand corner of the ribbon:SLR.jpg

In the future, we'd like to move the PQ Editor to the modern experience as well, but we don't have timelines to share at the moment.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

So we can't use it with the new design? (Power Query Editor)

Thanks,

Oded Dror

For everyone asking for the QAT back (Save, Undo, Redo) please vote for it so it gets visibility beyond this forum.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.