cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amartin141 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Share your thoughts on the new ribbon (Preview feature)

How do I determine the name of the current theme?

Arie Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I like the new ribbon layout and design, it is much more in Office365 look-and-feel.

But I also really miss a Quick Access Toolbar, would be nice if this can be added in the future.

An other thing I mentioned is that the Get Data button is now one button, instead of a splitted button. A splitted button (like the Transform Data button) would be nice, where the top part opens the Get Data dialog and the bottom part opens the dropdown menu. 

edhans Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Move 100% of the visualization pane into the ribbon. The visualization selector, and the mess of controls below it to change formatting/options for a given visualization.

Highlighted
tessahurr Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@edhansThanks for the feedback! In reference to #7, it seem like you have both a visual on the canvas selected and a measure in your fields list selected.  Selecting a visual will get the Format and Data/Drill tabs to show up.  Selecting a Measure will get the Table tools and Measure tools tabs to show up.

Power BI Team AlexGorev
Power BI Team

Re: Share your thoughts on the new ribbon

We are still working on this. Expect this in the next release!

Power BI Team AlexGorev
Power BI Team

To switch to a Simplified Ribbon there is a small shevron in the bootom right corner of the Ribbon.

Based on the usage telemetry of the Quick Access Toolbar we do not plan to implement it at this point. Creating a seprate Idea and voting for it would help us understnad the demand. We do plan to add the Save button in the Title.

Power Query Edito will be switching to the new ribbon next year but no exact timeframe yet.

Power BI Team AlexGorev
Power BI Team

We plan to add Save button in the title in the next release. For a full Quick Access Toolbar please create a new idea and vote on it to provide us with data on the demand for this feature! 

edhans Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@AlexGorev wrote:

We plan to add Save button in the title in the next release. For a full Quick Access Toolbar please create a new idea and vote on it to provide us with data on the demand for this feature! 

UserVoice here. I don't care if it is the old QAT or not, but persistent access to Save, Undo, Redo across all ribbons is what I would like to see again.

JayR19 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Bring back Quick access tollbar and Allow user to customise Like Excel please.Capture.JPG

As much as I love new updated ribbon, save on top is really important.

hope this helps.

hverburg Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, much appreciated. That would definitely help me moving over to the new ribbon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Given Badges Coming

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

We're rolling out new Kudos Given badges. Find out how many Kudos you've given.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (2,972)