cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tessahurr Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Share your thoughts on the new ribbon (Preview feature)

Hit Reply to tell us what you think about the new ribbon so we can continue to improve.

Don't forget to try out the simplified ribbon too!

More information about the ribbon can be found in our blog post.

-Power BI ribbon team

58 REPLIES 58
mike_honey
Advisor

Re: Share your thoughts on the new ribbon

Table Tools and Column Tools ribbons are a huge improvement - intuitive and better spaced - thanks!

I prefer the Power Query button to be labelled ... Power Query (not Transform Data). It (finally) got it's own website, it really is a trusted brand - you should be proud to show it off.  

In Column Tools / Formatting, there's no Custom format option?

I've lost my Quick Access Toolbar e.g. Save / Undo / Redo buttons?

nickyvv Member

• I like the revamped ribbon 😀
  • @tessahurr I can't seem to find the simplified ribbon that you mention?
  • I'm also missing the Quick Access Toolbar!
  • The Power Query Editor still has the old ribbon, is that changing also?
hverburg Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Love the way the new ribbon looks! I might be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out how to access the ribbon via keyboard shortcuts (Alt + other keys).

foomanschu13 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Also would like to see the quick access toolbar return as it takes an extra click to do an everyday task like saving.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @nickyvv ,

To access the simplified ribbon, press the chevron in the lower right hand corner of the ribbon:SLR.jpg

In the future, we'd like to move the PQ Editor to the modern experience as well, but we don't have timelines to share at the moment.

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Hi @hverburg ,

We're currently working on this, so it will come in a future update.  Thanks for your patience!

Frequent Visitor

@mike_honey@foomanschu13@hverburg 

Undo/redo buttons can be found in the home tab of the ribbon.  We're currently working on putting the save button in the toolbar.  Thank you for your feedback on the Quick Access Toolbar--this is helpful information to know!

edhans Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Share your thoughts on the new ribbon (Preview feature)

I like the new ribbon. Hopeing it doesn't lock up like the old one did. Oddly enough, after installing this update, the ribbon locked up on first launch and I had to minimize/maximize to get to the File|Options menu to turn this on.

1. Like the new "Transform Data" button vs "Edit Queries" - makes more sense.
  2. I like that Bookmarks, Sync Slicers, Selection, and Performance Analyzer have their own buttons. Easier to manage than the 7 (and counting) checkboxes in the old View|Show section.
  3. Do NOT like that the Undo/Redo buttons are on the home ribbon. If you make changes on the view or modeling ribbons, you now have to switch to the Home ribbon to undo - or move your hands off of the keyboard and use shortcut keys. Please put the Unto/Redo back in a universally accessible area, i.e. the QAT.
  4. Love LOVE LOVE that formatting for amount types is now in a new toolbar called Measure Tools or Column Tools depending on what you clicked on, and that it is one-click to format currency with 2 places vs having to pick a currency symbol, locale, etc.
  5. Like all of the new specialized ribbons. Measure Tools, Column Tools, Table Tools, etc.
  6. I wish the new Theme view would preview the theme on hover over like it does in Office apps without having to select it, then undo it if you don't like it, but do like you can at least see colors now vs just a theme name.
  7. If you click on a measure, you get 4 specialized toolbars: Format, Data/Drill, Table Tools, and Measure Tools. It is unintuitive for new users and even Excel users like myself, to have the number formatting tools under "Measure Tools" vs Format. Not suggesting move it, but rename Format to something else. It has Interactions, and the Arrange tools, like forward/back. Maybe just all it Alignment Tools, or Arrangement Tools? Format just implies number formatting, or even text box formatting tools (bold, underline, etc.)

Overall love the new direction. A definite improvement!

edhans Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Share your thoughts on the new ribbon (Preview feature)

One other thing: The File|Open section is much better too, showing dozens and dozens of recently opened files. Can we get a search box at the top to filter that list so we can quickly get what we want vs scrolling?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in 2020

New Ranks and Rank Icons in 2020

Read the announcement for more information!

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

We're rolling out new Kudos Given badges. Find out how many Kudos you've given.

November 2019 Community Highlights

November 2019 Community Highlights

Get an overview of the events and great community content from November.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)