Starting in the March release, the modern ribbon is on by default.
Hit Reply to tell us what you think about the new ribbon so we can continue to improve.
More information about the ribbon can be found on our blog.
-Power BI ribbon team
First I really like the idea of the ribbon and am looking forward to it being useful....unfortunately the current ribbon is not nearly ready to be the default. Here's the issues I have with it:
I feel bad saying so. I look forward to the great ribbon we'll have sometime in the future.
Hi @spiritofme the edit interactions functionality is the same click experience as the existing ribbon. We'll check on some of the other issues you've relayed. Thanks for your feedback.
Yes, of course. Sorry about that one.
The two big things for me:
Thank you for your consideration.
It's just wasting vertical space completly. Please disable this feature. hire good UI disigner and stop ruining working features. With new ribbon i even can't pin favorite features to title! It's looks like disaster. The man who is responsible for this feature MUST never work again with UI.
Hi @Zombium, our team worked hard on making the new Ribbon better. We understand that not supporting Quick Access Toolbar will be impacting some existing users that depend on it. We'll consider adding this capability in the future.
If you are concerned about the vertical space, consider using 'Switch ribbons' shevron in the bottom right corner to display minimized ribbon.
Please share constructive ideas on how we can make the new ribbon better!
I would also like to see the feature re-enabled where I could double-click the ribbon heading (Home, Insert, Modeling, etc) to have hide like it used. I see now that I can click the ^ to the very far right, which is a good feature I like, but I would also like to see the double-click feature return.
upvote for bringing back the Quick Access Toolbar (see my separate reply on this request). please bring it back!
also - a few minor notes for additional feedback:
- I do agree w/this one too: that this new ribbon can be shrunk down in height as it's taking up just a bit too much real estate
- can we get an icon to Open and for New (PBI report) in the main Home section of the ribbon?
- the File menu action w/the big sliding menu that comes in from the left - this interaction is a little unnecessary to me. I think losing that animation (in favor of the normal drop down animation/interaction) would feel more natural
addition non-ribbon related but for the bottom tab navigation:
- can we get a shortcut to jump to the 1st and last tabs?
- when i duplicate a tab - even if it's the 1st tab or a tab in the middle, it automatically sends the copied tab to the very end. can you give me control of this? or just duplicate right next to the original? <-- to me, that would be more expected behavior
- moving tabs is super cumbersome when i have more than 10 tabs. i can't drag my tab in one go, but instead can only drag it the end of the visible page, then repeat. for my bigger reports, i have to do this over 6x! can we make it so that i can drag my tab in one motion as far as i need to?
- a design thing: the tab labels also take up a lot of real estate. can we shrink down the padding (to the left and right) of the tab by 1/16 of an inch or something - so that we can conserve space (again for those of us who have more than 10 tabs)?
I have a columns and lines chart on my reports. I need to set the Start and the End of the secondary Y axis but without showing that secondary axis. I had all my columns and lines charts configured that way but, when I opened the Power BI with the new update, every columns and lines charts crashed and now I'm not able to configure them back.
Are you going to check this?
Where is 'edit queries'? I'm struggling to find anything about it so far. I accepted the new ribbon without looking at the 'learn more' and now I'm stuffed 😖.
Hope you can help!
Not sure if it's a ribbon related issue or not. When publishing a report it loads very slow, and eventually, it is successful, although when I open the app it doesn't load, being stuck at "almost done..."
This didn't happen yesterday or any day in the past. It is happening to me and to my users.
Another issue: with the new ribbon, I can no longer click the Close button in the top-right corner by pushing my mouse to the very top right pixel. This is inconsistent with most other Windows apps. I actually have to point at the Close button before clicking it, I can no longer just lazily push my mouse quickly into the corner because the button is not clickable then.
I have verified that the issue is not there when the new ribbon is disabled, so clearly the issue is due to new ribbon.
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates
Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps