cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Share your thoughts on the new personalize visuals experience (preview)

I think it looks like it could be really helpful for some more advanced end users. However,  in order to use it really essential that report creators can specify which fields or measures from the report can be used in the personalised visuals area by end users. Otherwise you end up with end users having access to a lot of data that would be irrelevant for them to look at and they won't know what might be relevant or not. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I'm thrilled to have this new feature available to us and have begun experimenting with it.  While it's a huge step forward in enabling end users to be able to self-serve some of their ad-hoc reporting requirements, there are a few limitations with the current version that I hope you will address:

• In the case of a table with numerous columns, if the list of fields extends beyond the window display, you are not able to scroll up or down the list, so are limited to seeing the first n fields that fit in the window display; scrolling should be enabled.
  • When adding a new field to a table, it is added to the end of the list of fields and there is no ability to change column sequence (other than removing/re-adding fields in the right order to achieve desired sequence); drag and drop or other column reordering should be enabled.
  • While you can save a bookmark to save your visualization, if you share that bookmark with another user via Comment feature, your filters are shared, but not the new visualization (reverts to default visualization).  It would be ideal to be able to share custom reports with other users.
  • Most visual attributes of a chart cannot be changed, including titles / chart labels.   This can create misalignment between the previous title / labels and the new data content based on my personalization; ideally user should be able to modify titles / labels as well.

Thanks for taking this feedback into consideration.   Look forward to forthcoming enhancements to this very cool feature.  

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Very cool feature! Great for end users.

We have a matrix visual that shows information in a little more detail, for personalistion for this matrix would it possbile to let users move the order of the fields for drilling down? 

For example I add produce description into the drill-down but I want it to be 2nd in the drill-down, not last. Just a pain to have to remove all the fields. Being able to move fields up/down would be very handy!

Thanks 

Moving fields exmaple.PNG

Highlighted

This is just fantastic and one of the reasons why we are planning to move our Self-Service platform to PowerBI!

Its one of the most requested features from our user base - namelly when we apply this to matrix visuals where on the fly users can change the dimensions and measures.

Any clue when will this hit GA? I dont see it in the roadmap

Thanks!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Great feature!

One issue our users have reported: Once the user clicks on Personalize Visual from the Visual Header, the Fields well is too narrow and only shows the first 12-13 characters in each field.  So instead of displaying this:

Units Sold - This Month

Units Sold - Last Month

It displays:

Units Sold - ...

Units Sold - ...

Widening the pane, having tooltips, or having a left/right scroll bar will help.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Another piece of feedback received from one of our users testing this new functionality:    

When personalizing graphs, the coloring of the graphs get defaulted; would be better to be able to set colors to see the data better (in one example, defaulted to gray scale vs. color and color would be easier to view).  
Thanks.
Helper I
Helper I

What can help here is customizing your default colors in the theme

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

LOVE the potential of personalize visuals.

Like others, I found the full list of all tables and fields to be overwhelming.

Someone may have mentioned this already, but I think that some tabs could help out, as in editing the pivot table fields in Excel.

The fields menu for pivot tables shows two tabs: Active and All. Active shows all fields for Active tables, whether selected or not. This would definitely simplify interacting with a data model that has multiple fact tables. 

pivot table fields active all.png

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Would be cool if you could personalise a text box - - e.g. hitting personalise this visual on a text box means the end user could edit/ add their own text.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

We are loving this feature so far. It is exactly what we are trying to build for our customer. Things we would love to see from this feature are:
1) Being able to view it in the embedded view.

2) Limiting the data that the user has access to without hiding it in the report.

3) Giving the user the ability to edit their own chart and axis title for their customised graphs.

4) Selecting a datetime value as it is without being forced to choose it as hierarchy.

We look forward to seeing how this feature evolves with time. Thanks to the people working hard behind the scene to deliver it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors