Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tessahurr
Employee
Employee

Share your thoughts on the new model view UI (preview)

Hit Reply and let us know what you think of the new model view UI.  To learn more about this feature, please visit our blog.

Here are some areas that we'd like to hear about in particular:

• Performance and the experience for large models that exceed 50 tables
    • Edit: We've heard some feedback regarding the All tables tab in the model view. If you are using a model with 50+ tables, you can mitigate some of the issues you may be facing by setting the environment variable PBI_diagramTableThreshold to a number greater than or equal to 10 and less than 1000. This environment variable allows you to adjust the number of tables that the All tables tab will show.
  • Table card tooltips and the information they display when you hover over a table header

Thanks and we look forward to hearing your feedback!

- The Power BI Model View Team

50 REPLIES 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry, but this is NOT ok 😞

So what if I want to change or delete any of the relationships I had before and that now they are not showing because I cannot see any of the tables?

Or even if I want to check what relationships I had built so far. All of that is gone. That is not ok. Specially when I had built such a complex Data Model. You cannot expect me to go ahead and build everything from scratch again

@Anonymous The functionality you described is still available to you. If you follow @Pat_msft's instructions and use the "Add related tables" functionality, you'll be able to see, edit, and delete the relationships you had before.

alec20191104
Frequent Visitor

I now can't change the storage mode of an individual table, and if I can the documentation hasn't been updated to show me how. this isn't acceptable.

Thank you for the feedback @alec20191104. Can you tell us what kind of connection you're using? Are you trying to convert it to import mode?

@tessahurr - I am trying to switch between DQ and dual, previously this was under setting on the right-hand side but that's now gone and the documentation has no guidance as to where that has moved to.

link to documentation of storage mode 

@alec20191104 Can you please try clicking on the table, going to the advanced settings in the properties pane, and changing the storage mode there?

tessahurr_0-1605289831379.png

@tessahurr - that's what I've been trying to do all day but there is no advanced settings in the properties pane

Screenshot storage mode blurred.png

Same problem!

tjustinallen
Frequent Visitor

Looks good. The collapse feature on each object is great!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.