cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pistachio Helper I
Helper I

Re: Share your thoughts on the new filter pane

Seems like a good layout but the dropdowns seem to freeze often. At the moment I cannot change any of the filters and there is no indication why

marcosmota
Frequent Visitor

There are some problems in the new filter pane that make me not using it:

1- If you set a filter as "unique selection" the "clear filter" button persists, meaning that the user can select all items, you can also click again on a selected item get the same result. This is not suposed to happen in a unique selection filter, if it's "unique only" it shouldn't be possible to select all, this is kind of obvious. This is the main reason I don't use it.

2- Date filters should have an option to be treated as date, just like the slicer control.

3- The filter pane is not available in the "Public on the web" option.

I'm assuming that this pane was created to avoid using a ton of slicers, but with these problems I think that it's not a good option. Also, if it's suposed to be used as a complement of the slicers, at least give us the option to change its name, because then I could name it as "Other Filters" and place just some secundary filters.

DaFoZe
Frequent Visitor

Developing a report with a Live link to an SSAS tabular model.
Seems like the filter manager treats an attribute that has zero value and NULL (Empty) the same way.
In other words: Aggregates both zero and null together.

This behavior was not with the old filter functionality.

(The attribute in this case is in a date dimension.

If you change it to the data type Text, it cannot be used for example MTD metrics
in a graph because they depend on there being, for example, a monthly value.)

Regards / Magnus

hsambold

Since new filter pane activated published reports fail updating

Hi,

since the new filter pane released I have problems publishing my Power BI reports even if deactvated. Is there any causality?

Greetings

lmg109
Regular Visitor

Pointless in my view. I prefer the filters in the vizualisation tab as they most often apply to the fields in use. Therefore a completely pointless addition for me. Surely PowerBI has more pressing improvements to be made than adding tabs. Stop wasting your time on unnecessary modifications and take a look at what's most wanted by users.

freder1ck Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Especially with slowly changing dimensions

Bgibson17
Regular Visitor

Enough with the reminders!

I know it's there, never use it. Getting tired of de-selecting it.

SilviaFiguerola

Los nuevos cambios me han desconfigurado el informe por completo: 

- Los widgets del informe se me han desplazado hacia abajo para mostrar la nueva barra de encabezado

- Me han desaparecido todos los grupos de widgets que tenía y se me han desconfigurado todos los marcadores del informe

- Los iconos han cambiado su color de fondo

- Los cuadros de texto han cambiado su color de fondo y de letra

En definitiva, un gran problema pues trabajo con esto.

carloshweffer

Hi

New Filter Panes are great, but how can I sort values in descending order?

Regards,

CarlosHW

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors