cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gventuri

Option to show count

About the filter, a new feature, some users are complaining about the "value" (count of lines in the table).

This occurs every time the developer uses the fact table as dimension.

I suggest to improve, creating a option that makes disapear those "values". 

exe
Regular Visitor

Re: Share your thoughts on the new filter pane

The new Filter pane is great! Thank You so much as one part of the job is done!

We can restrict the manipulation of the filters from the report. But the users can still use the URL query string parameters (?filter=<Table>/<Field> eq 'value').

Can you develop a way to restrinct the usage of the URL query string parameters? Or is there a way to do this already?

Something that gives the ability to define a restricted list of allowed tables and columns to use in the URL would be great to enforce security.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Marc Pardi

asocorrocognex
Frequent Visitor

Hi, how about being able to search on the fields being filtered?

marcoselias Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I think it's a good idea to have a filter pane and leave the canvas for visualizations. We've been adopting its use frequently.

However, there are a couple of functional aspects that can be improved:

• When a user clicks on a visual, filter cards appear with the fields used in that visual. I find myself hiding all these because the user gets confused on the filters that appear. They think they affect the entire report and it doesn't. I don't think a common case is for a user to filter just in a visual. Instead, the user expects for a filter to apply to all the report. If this functionality is going to stay, I suggest the "filters on this visual" cards are hidden by default.
  • The filters in the filter pane should behave like slicers. This means that if something is selected on the report (via a slicer, clicking on a visual, or via another filter in the filter pane), the contents of the filter card should update accordingly.
sp8 Advocate I
Advocate I

Reorder the pane segments

I'd like the option to be able to reorder the pane segments.

90% of the time, the Filters on all pages is the most important and should be at the top. The Filters on this page next, and finally on the visual.

Also,  I'd like to be able to "name" the visuals/tabs or at least use the title instead of "this visual" or "this page".

So, it would say "Filters on Cost per Product visual" or "Filters on Customer Page" or  something like that so that it's more fool-proof for the user.

Finally, for filters that have a specific never-changing set of values (like T/F or a short list), I'd like to be able to tell it to load once and then stop instead of loading fresh on each new page.

sp8 Advocate I
Advocate I

Agree! An "unselect all" button is a MUST!

justbeacuse
Frequent Visitor

Add ability to time, add notes and audio for page changes, filtering and slicing.  Allow the creator to make this a default in the report.   Allow users to move forward or backwards through the steps with or without audio or timing.  Allow users to print out the visual with the steps, timing and notes as the last pages of a .pptx or a pdf.  These can be used to explain the visual in training, can become designed components of meetings or used as historical records for the reason a KPI, Analysis or Dashboard was created.  

Separate the filters and slicers, as seen affecting each visual, by type.

Allow users to click on the filters and slicers affecting the visual and see all other items on the page also affected

Allow users to click on the filters and slicers affecting the visual and take them to and highlight the visual or control so that they can quickly manipulate it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It should be possible to filter the contents of a filter by a measure, the same way you can do on a slicer. Currently, you need to use bidirectional relations to make filters from different tables work together.

hoverson
Regular Visitor

We would like to be able to have the Filter Cards also respond to a Bookmark. This would allow us to have dynamic Filter lists based on Bookmarks. I know we can do this based on Slicers but would like to be able to implement via Filter Pane. Any Thoughts?

nsc Advocate II
Advocate II

Extend the filters to support cross page filtering like normal slicers, e.g. select which pages the filter should apply to. This should only be possible for the report authors and be hidden from end users.

Also perhaps a new button type that turns the filter pane of/off to save screen realestate....

Helpful resources

Announcements
‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

Attending MBAS? Claim your badge

Attending MBAS? Claim your badge

Whether you’re streaming the digital event live, or watching on-demand, claim your attendee badge to sport on your profile.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors