Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Share your thoughts on the new drill through action (preview)

Hit Reply to tell us what you think about the new drill through action for buttons so we can continue to improve.

-Power BI Creators team

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely great feature!

This way it is very easy for the user to see, that drill down is an option - especially when applying conditional formatting to the button, using IF(selected...), as described in the Power BI desktop Marts update. One thing is not working. When clicking a matrix value, and using IF(selected...) to show the value on the button, the feature does not work, if you in the visual head have selected 'Click to turn on drill down'. The filter option 'Click to turn on drill down, as described her https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-drill, is easy for my report users to understand, so I really hope this can be fixed?

Regards Henrik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great feature! But it's not working slicers and charts 🤔

Why does slicers has this kind of limitations??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This feature is working great! The one important thing that is missing is the possibility to format the button when it is disabled. Currently you can only apply formats to "Default State", "On Hover" and "Pressed". There should be the option "Disabled" as well.

TKS!
GuustD
Helper I
Helper I

Dear Power BI Creators team,

Great functionality! An addition to this functionality could be to be able to edit the interactions of the report elements to the button. So if I for instance don´t want to pass a filter through (one slicer), I could edit the interaction from that slicer to the button. In this case I would have the slicer not interact with the button and as a result the filter would not pass through to the target page.

All functionality that is needed already seems in to be in place for this change.

Kind regards,

Guust

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @SujataNarayana and the rest of the PBI team,

Please implement the same actions for images as well!

We use Image objects as buttons because it is not possible to add a descriptive image on buttons 🙂

Alternatively, add the possibility to add an image to a button 🤔

Keep up the good work!

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @SujataNarayana,

Maybe you can consider improving drill through feature to pass drill-through target filter selection back to the original page to achieve interaction between the original page and target pages. (I known sync slicer works well, but I think it will be great to add more sync features to filters between report contents)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.