cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brinky Helper II
Helper II

Share apps

Hello,

Is there a way that I share a dashboard which I have saved to my apps, to a user in my organistion, however the user can only view the app ones he logs in.

He will not be able to see and create any reports and data, just the app assigned to him.

Thanks,

Stephen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Share apps

Yes, It is possible

You can either share the dashboard through simple basic sharing, or you can create an App on top of the workspace that this dashboard belongs to it. 

In both methods, the user needs to be logged in, to see the content shared with him/her.

In both scenarios at one of the stages of sharing, there will be question about that do you want the user to use underlying dataset to create his/her own report. you can set that to No.

2019-09-17_17h48_14.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Share apps

Yes, It is possible

You can either share the dashboard through simple basic sharing, or you can create an App on top of the workspace that this dashboard belongs to it. 

In both methods, the user needs to be logged in, to see the content shared with him/her.

In both scenarios at one of the stages of sharing, there will be question about that do you want the user to use underlying dataset to create his/her own report. you can set that to No.

2019-09-17_17h48_14.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors