Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Share a report without handing Google BigQuery credentials

Hello everybody, I have an issue I could use some help with:

Right now im storing all my data in Google BigQuery and making my reports in Power BI, but I've noticed that when I share a report im also handing the credentials for my google account (not everybody has google accounts in my workplace) and so not only its a bit of a security issue, but anything they do is made under my name/account so I cant control / monitor what they do with the reports.

¿Does anyone knows how to solve this issue? ¿Would upgrading to service/premium would fix this?

Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry I'm a little confused about the whole process,  if you share the report to the end-user directly in your organizations, they can see the report from "Share with me", and once you updated the report from your own workspace, the report on the end-user's side will be synced. I do not quite understand "everytime data gets updated to the reports the query is called under my Google account to BigQuery", if the refresh was called from your side, the credential should be logged under your gateway, but if the refresh is required from other users, they need to take over your dataset and manage the credentials. actually, it's not necessary.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Already solved it by using a Google service accounts for each report, thanks anyway for the help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I meant upgrading to premium, right now im using pro

Hi @Anonymous 

How did you share the report? and what's the permission you'd like to set for them? 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Dina,

Depending on whom I'm sending the report i use either the Power Bi Pro standard share function or I straight up send the .pbix file, and sorry if I didnt formulate my question clear enough, but I have no issues with the permits I'm assigning them (read only), my problem is that encryption notwithstanding im handing them my credentials (minor issue im ok with) and that everytime data gets updated to the reports the query is called under my Google account to BigQuery, so I wanted to know if there was any way to id who is making each request.

Thanks for the help.

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry I'm a little confused about the whole process,  if you share the report to the end-user directly in your organizations, they can see the report from "Share with me", and once you updated the report from your own workspace, the report on the end-user's side will be synced. I do not quite understand "everytime data gets updated to the reports the query is called under my Google account to BigQuery", if the refresh was called from your side, the credential should be logged under your gateway, but if the refresh is required from other users, they need to take over your dataset and manage the credentials. actually, it's not necessary.

quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Already solved it by using a Google service accounts for each report, thanks anyway for the help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.