Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vquang92
Frequent Visitor

Share Dashboard, not share Report

Hi everyone

I have a question that needs answers. How i can share dashboard for user and don't have view related feature of every dashboard shared. Because end user not permission view the report file, if they select view related on dashboard then they can view all page in the report contain it.

Or how i can set to they can only view dashboard was shared with them?

Thanks & Best regards

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vquang92,

There is no direct way to restrict user's access to report via clicking dashboard tile. The default link of a dashboard tile is pointing to its report, as a workaround, you can change the default URL to any other one. In that case, your recipients are not able to view report page.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft thanks for reply!
It is a good way, but it seems unresolved in this case. Because menu bar still contain "view related" button, and when select it you can access to report file. You can see img, can disable feature view related?
1.jpg2.PNG

Best regards.

Hi @vquang92,

Based on my test, there is no method to disable "View Related" feature right now.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bajee
Resolver III
Resolver III

Can you please expain briefly 

^^ I want share dashboard and not allow access to report file contain dashboard it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.