Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shapemap show places on map

Hi PBI community members,

I am using a shapemap visualisation as a choropleth map. I am interested to know if it is possible to have the place names showing on the map? Currently, to see the place a user either has to use a slicer, or hover over the map to bring up a tool tip. I though users might appreciate if the place names were shown on the choropleth map. 

Brent_C_0-1634040879155.png

Suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

Brent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Brent,

Yeah could be worth trying out the bubble, filled, or bing map visuals to see if any of those meet the requirements. Lastly, the ArcGis visual is very customizable so this one might be a good option as well, though this visual does require a licence to function completely. 

Regards,

Tim

P.s.: thanks for the compliment! 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
timg
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Brent,

Trhough tooltips it is currently possible. You can find an example here, hovering over the province will provide the name and location (COVID-19 – Tim Gitsels).  However, showing fixed labels in a shape map is currently not available.

There is an idea for it though so voting for it might move it up the ladder: Microsoft Idea  · Shape Map (powerbi.com).

Regards,

Tim

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @timg for the reply.

I thought this was the case. I might try exploring the other map options available in PBI, though I think I've looked at the available options and they all have their limitations.

I really like your PBI Covid-19 mapping report. Nice job. 

Cheers,

Brent

Hi Brent,

Yeah could be worth trying out the bubble, filled, or bing map visuals to see if any of those meet the requirements. Lastly, the ArcGis visual is very customizable so this one might be a good option as well, though this visual does require a licence to function completely. 

Regards,

Tim

P.s.: thanks for the compliment! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.