Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shape map visual problem

Hi everyone! I am experiencing problem with shape maps wit one layer. For example, I downloaded Uzbekistan (three layers of admin division) and Caspian Sea (just one layer) maps from GADM (https://gadm.org/download_country_v3.html) and converted them into .json using mapshaper.org.

Then I add shape map visual and import Uzbekistan map and it shows up, everything works perfect. However, when I add shape map and import Caspian Sea, it does not show up. Interestingly, if I make .json map for Uzbekistan only 1 layer, it does not show up as well.

Could someone help me to overcome this problem?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

May I ask what we will see in the Caspian Sea shape map? It's a sea. I can't find any cities on Google. 

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jiascu-msft!

Let me explain you what I need. I am splitting Kazakhstan (KZ) into responsibilities zone. As you know some part Caspian Sea belongs to KZ, and it is separate responsibility zone. I found separate shape maps for Kazakhstan administrative regions and another map of Caspian Sea.

I wanted to combine those two shape maps together, but was not able to find any solution or tool. That is why i decided to create two different shape maps in PBI and put them together as if they were one whole map. However, Caspian Sea map is not showing up, and I suspect that it is because Caspian Sea does not have any divisions in it.

Therefore, I need someone either to help me combine those two shape maps or find a solution to make that shape show up.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

If someone is interested, I managed to combine maps using ArcGIS Pro software and making one full map. But still, map without any layers (just shape) does not show up separately. Seems to be a bug of Shape Map visual.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.