Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

niranjang
Frequent Visitor

Shape map question - topology json file from remote site!

Hi Team,

This is my first post here. I am new to power Bi and working on building a report with shape map.
I am using a custom TopoJSON file from local drive and it all works fine.
But in order to publish and make the same work from Power BI service, I would like the json file to be added from a remote site (like sharepoint site).
Is there a recommended way to add a custom topojson file for shapemap from a remote site?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That's not my experience. The TopoJSON will be integrated into the PBIX when you "add map"  and into the dataset on the service. There is no need to source it from a cloud location, but you also cannot change it on the fly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
niranjang
Frequent Visitor

After seeing your reply, it just occurred to me why it is even showing up as one of the data sources! Then I reviewed again and found that I had added a model for experimenting with the values due to which it added the file as a data source (and not because of "add map" option). I removed that unwanted/experiment model and now it got removed. Thanks for your response.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That's not my experience. The TopoJSON will be integrated into the PBIX when you "add map"  and into the dataset on the service. There is no need to source it from a cloud location, but you also cannot change it on the fly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.