Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

microsoftrookie
Helper II
Helper II

Shape file Tooltips

So on my newest Shapefile i have encountered an issue with having the tooltips display what I would like them to. For example, This is an example of a similar result that I have on a different dashboardShape file label what i want.PNG where the two labels are different text strings. However no matter what I do in my current map I will have to use the same string twice for legend and location. Which I am fine with as long as I will be able to put a different string in the tool tips for example This is how i have this set up, What shows nowWhat shows nowhow its organizedhow its organized but when I select the text to be with a different legend like in the first picture, this occurs, The legend stops working despite being in the same rowsThe legend stops working despite being in the same rowsWhat I have insertedWhat I have inserted as you can see, the map loses its legend completely despite being on the same table and will mislabel the map with whatever is first in the "needed names" column instead of labeling them by what the column is like in the first picture. Thank you all for your time and I appreciate any help i can get.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I can replicate the bug. The issue goes away, however, once you add data for Color Saturation.

NoSaturation.PNGWithSaturation.PNG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@microsoftrookie

In this scenario, it seems you "Needed Name" field is not associated with your "Areaname Abbreviated" so that it only shows the first value in this field. Is this "Needed Name" in another dataset? If so, please check the relationship between these two fields. Make sure they are One-to-One mapping.

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft

Thank you for your help, Unfortunately they are part of the same Query Existing within the same Query set in BIExisting within the same Query set in BIive also tried creating a new excel table with both of the fields in that table and then importing it into BI and it still does not work. Considering they are within the same data set they still do not work. Needed name is a duplicate column within the query editor with some labels that had been switched.

@microsoftrookieYes I'm also experiencing this same issue!  Smiley Sad

Again don't mean to pile on but seems @deldersveld would be the go to guy for answer! Smiley Happy

I can replicate the bug. The issue goes away, however, once you add data for Color Saturation.

NoSaturation.PNGWithSaturation.PNG

Hey 
Thank you for your time. Ill have too find something to add to the current dataset in order to fix it. Thank you!

If worst comes to worst, you can add a measure as NAME = 0. It's a bad workaround since 0 will display in every tooltip, but it works if you can't get population or other data associated with the geography.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@deldersveldThanks! Smiley Happy Yep only that Tooltip now (but that's okay)

EDIT: But if you actually drag a field like project number or agent name - you'll get a useful count

so you can make it work in your favor! 

I've already created an Idea about Show/Hide Buttons in Maps

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/12963183-display-another-visualiz...

Because I don't want the Lat and Long showing to confuse people and overwhelm with unnecessary info especially if you have a ton of other Measures in the Tooltips!

But that works now! Smiley Happy

Great idea. Just voted it up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.