Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Traktor

Shape Map problem

Hello,

I have a problem with my map when im working whith power bi desktop on internet. When i'm working whith power bi desktop on my computer, all my map's countries are colored but when i publish my work on internet, 1 country of my map is uncolored.

It is the map of France and the country of Bretagne.

Does someone knows how what to do?

Thanks !

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Traktor,

I am unable to reproduce your issue. Could you please share your PBIX file via Private Message? I will test it in my environment.

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I am sorry but i can't share the project because i don't have the pro version yet.

I can give u the link of my report to see the problem : Link

As you can see the shape of "Bretagne" appear but it's too small.

But i can see you have manage it with another kind of map. How did you do that ? I think your map is better than the one i tried to do.

Thanks a lot for your response.

I understand finally how you made your map but i remember why i didn't use this one.

It is because there is a new organisation for country in France since 2016 and this map is too old. Their is now 13 country and they have for most of them an other name.

Do you know where i can find a map of France with the new country ? I see a button "add map" but i don't know how it work and i don't know where to find new map.

@Traktor,

You can add your custom map in shape map following the guide in the blog below.

http://radacad.com/shape-map-better-than-the-filled-map

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Traktor

Hello,

I have a problem with my map when im working with power bi on internet. When im working with power bi desktop in my computer, everything is ok, all my contries are colored. But, when i publish my work on power bi internet, i've got 1 country not colored. The probleme appear with the map of France and the country "Bretagne".

Does someone have an idea ?

Thanks !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.