Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shape Map Value bucket and custom map options Not showing

I'm using Version: 2.53.4954.621 64-bit (December 2017) with shape map preview options turned on.

I would like to ultimately load a topoJson file into a custom shape map. But when the visual is created the value bucket is not shown from the get go, and further the format options including loading custom map are not showing at all (see image) ?

BI_shapemap-screengrab.PNG

I tried to work through the tutorial/guide here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-shape-map

with sample data provided but the options just aren't showing at the very first step after the visual is added ? Is this an ongoing Issue wittht the preview feature?

data is formated as text and whole numbers. I'm trying to load state names as text and have tried USA and Australia to no avail.

I found another post from 2016 reporting this issue . https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/No-Value-field-in-Shape-and-Filled-Maps/td-p/57690 

But no solution.

Are others having this issue ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-yulgu-msft

I think there may have been some funcionality not working until a restart of my PC. Perhaps the preview options were not loaded. 

In any case when I loaded my model the shape map came up straight away and was working as you tested.

Many thanks !

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, the value bucket mentioned in the tutorial is changed to "Color Saturation". When you add a numeric field into "Color Saturation" section, you can get the same output as shown in tutorial.

1.PNG

To add a custom map, please locate to Format pane,expand the Shape section and select + Add Map.

2.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-yulgu-msft

I think there may have been some funcionality not working until a restart of my PC. Perhaps the preview options were not loaded. 

In any case when I loaded my model the shape map came up straight away and was working as you tested.

Many thanks !

Simon

Hi @Anonymous,

Glad to hear that you have resolved the problem. Could you please mark the helpful reply or your sharing resolution as an answer so that someone else having similar concern can benefit from it.

Thanks,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.