Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jmccoy
Helper II
Helper II

Shape Map Legend Colors

So maybe I am working with this visual wrong. I have a shape map that I am trying to get to change colors based on a region. In the location pane I put in my state column, this represents every state in the USA. I then dragged the Territory Column into the legend pane.  When I go to the roller and select data colors, it breaks out each of my territories into separate colors, exactly how I would like it to. Ex. Midwest territory would show the color green for all territories in the midwest. However, On my visual it seems to only be selecting the first territories color and fills every state with that color. In the filter pane, if I remove all territories and select one by one, the color will only pick up for those states within the territory. 

The data is all in a table called regions. Regions has an id, State, and Territory. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Jmccoy 
I've made a sample data according to the image and plot it into a shape map.
To get the color you have to plot values into color saturation.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
VikasKarnekanti
Regular Visitor

Hello Team,

I am currently working with Power BI Shape Maps, where I have implemented a time slicer. I am using three columns for maps: Location, Dates Column, and Legend.

I have created a measure to calculate Achievements based on the Dates.

Now, I want to create another measure using the above measure to generate ranges for achievements using the Percentile function. However, the Percentile function does not seem to accept measures directly.

I attempted to address this by creating a summarized table and generating a column for the achievements. But, when the time slicer changes (i.e., transitioning from the start date to the end date), the data changes accordingly. Unfortunately, the ranges do not dynamically adjust for the modified data.

I am seeking guidance on creating a measure for ranges using the achievement measure. For example, the desired output ranges are: 1-30, 31-45, 46-75, 76-99.

Thank you,
Vikas.K

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Jmccoy 
I've made a sample data according to the image and plot it into a shape map.
To get the color you have to plot values into color saturation.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Haha of course it would be that simple. Thank you for your help, I appreciate the time. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Jmccoy ,
Can you please share some data in table format so can try and check it out?

Screenshot 2021-01-19 071646.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please provide it in table format so can use it from here.
Can't take the values from the image.

I have tried copying and pasting from an excel table, as well as tried manually entering the data into a table within this message box. 

I am unable to provide the table format. I keeep getting the following errors:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.  Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.