Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LouiseG
Regular Visitor

Shape Map - Default to a specific area

Hi,

I'm using a custom shape map that i've created in a report.  The map is of a UK county and its consituent wards.  When you click on a ward on the map it shows a whole host of other figures in various visualisations for that ward. 

I have an issue that a few of the ward figures do not aggregate to the whole of the county.  Therefore I want the map to default to a single ward, rather than what it does at the moment which is default to the complete map and the sum of its underlying data.  Defaulting to the whole map means the other visualisations show the aggregation of all of the underlying data which does not in all instances sum to the county figure. 

Is there a way to set an initial default for the map, as you would with say a slicer, so that it doesn't show an aggregation of the whole county as default?

Thanks,

Lou

2 REPLIES 2
Terp
Advocate III
Advocate III

...still doesn't allow us to have a default value selected after 7 years? Anyone know of a solution to have a shape map compile with, say, a state/area selected, so that all of the visuals to which it is tied on the page don't aggregate values until user makes a single selection?

(e.g., a map of U.S. states with New York toggled by default, while still allowing the user to click on the other 49 states to change the focus, per se.)

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@LouiseG

I don’t think it is possible with current version. PBI always show the whole country as default. There is a similar idea here.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.