Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shading the ArcGIS Map Leads to Triangles Forming

Hi there,

I am having a problem using the ArcGIS map chart in Power BI. The postcode sector displays with the correct shape, until I drag something into the colour bit. Adding a color variables causes all shapes, that were previously in their correct postcode-sector shape, to turn into different sized right-angled triangles.

The steps taken to get to this:

1. Load in the postcode data
  2. Create an ArcGIS map
  3. Drag the postcode sector variable into the location section of the map
  4. It fails to locate them, so we go into 'more options >> edit >> location type' and set it to 'represent location as: boundaries' and set location as 'one country' 'united kindom', location type as 'postcode sectors'
  5. Once this is filled in I then drag a variable into the 'color' section and the previous postal code shapes all turn into triangles

What needs to be done to stop the triangles forming and the correct, coloured postal code areas are left instead? Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Attached are three images: 

1. What the map looks like before the color variable is added (at postal code level)
  2. What the map looks like with the color variable added (triangles present)
  3. A screenshot of the data behind the map

If you have any suggestions, let me know. Many thanks.

QSimage (10).pngimage (8).pngimage (9).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

This should be a cache problem, just save the report and reopen it, or wwitch to another page and switch back. Then it will work well.

2.JPG

Result:

1.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

This should be a cache problem, just save the report and reopen it, or wwitch to another page and switch back. Then it will work well.

2.JPG

Result:

1.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.