Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setup Ideas

I have created a matrix that identifies COGS at a moment in time (cost as of today).  What I now need to do is change the cost of the goods based on when the product was sold.  How would you recommend I setup the information?  Information will change every month.

Below is a short table in Excel.  In my previous project, I have cost per unit based on today's cost, but now need to have the formula or setup reflect the month/year it was sold.  I know how to create a new measure (when there was one column of costs), but how do I tell PowerBI to pick the column tied with Month/Year and row tied with part number?

Thank you.

Kim

COGS -monthly.JPG

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

If you want to get the visual like the picture right side, you may shape your data model in Query editor then create a matrix.

1. You need to create a custom colum YearMonth.

2. Then pivot the column YearMonth with the value.

If you need further help, could you share some data sample and your desired output so that I can help you.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.